The global prebiotic ingredient market is poised for substantial growth in the coming years, driven by a rising demand for healthier food and beverage options. According to a recent report by Fairfield Market Research, the market, valued at US$4.8 billion in 2019, is anticipated to reach a valuation of US$10.2 billion by the end of 2026, reflecting an impressive Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 11.9% between 2021 and 2026.
The surge in prebiotic ingredient consumption is attributed to several key factors:
- Demand for Healthier Drinks: Over 1,400 foods and beverages currently incorporate prebiotic compounds. Manufacturers across various industries are increasingly using prebiotic ingredients to create low-calorie foods, meeting the growing demand for healthier options. North America and Europe, in particular, are witnessing a significant uptick in the market due to consumers preference for such products. Notably, Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) and fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS) are popular choices in the food processing sector due to their digestive system-friendly properties, driving the growth of the prebiotic ingredient market.
- Rise of Plant-Based Drinks: The growing fondness for plant-based and natural products has prompted manufacturers to incorporate natural components into their offerings. Prebiotic substances, found primarily in natural dietary fiber, align with this trend. As consumers become more health-conscious and aware of the potential drawbacks of antibiotics and chemicals in processed foods, theres a surge in prebiotic fiber consumption. The stability of prebiotic fiber compounds under heat and varying pH levels further enhances their appeal. This increased preference for plant-based products is expected to fuel the prebiotic ingredient market.
- Research and Development Investments: The extraction of prebiotics from vegetables and plants involves advanced techniques such as Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR), Thin Layer Chromatography (TLC), High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), and spectro-photometry. These methods require substantial research and development (R&D) investments. While the market visibility for probiotic ingredients is relatively high, prebiotic compounds synthesis entails similar expenses. Despite the challenges, prebiotics and probiotics offer equally significant benefits for human and animal health.
- Changing Lifestyles in Europe: Europe is expected to lead the global prebiotic ingredient market by the end of 2026. Continuous product launches and the rising demand for healthy beverages are anticipated to drive regional market growth. Changing lifestyles and busy schedules have led to unhealthy habits among consumers, resulting in various health-related issues. The growing preference for healthy food options and heightened health concerns are primary drivers of the prebiotic ingredient market in this region. In Asia-Pacific, the market is rapidly developing and is projected to exhibit the highest CAGR, driven by a growing population, increased spending on staple foods, high demand for fast food, and rising disposable incomes.
- Competitive Landscape: The global prebiotic ingredient market is highly competitive, with numerous local and international manufacturers vying for market share. Several companies have established extensive production facilities in multiple countries. Key market players include Koninklijke FrieslandCampina N.V., Kerry Group plc, Roquette Freres S.A., Ingredion Incorporated, Yakult Honsha Co. Ltd., Cargill Inc, Cosucra Groupe Warcoing SA, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, BENEO GmbH, Sensus America, Inc., Jarrow Formulas, Inc., among others. The industry is witnessing robust competition, and many players are pursuing acquisitions and mergers to maintain competitiveness.
As consumer preferences continue to evolve towards healthier options and awareness of digestive health benefits grows, the global prebiotic ingredient market is set to expand significantly. Manufacturers and investors are actively exploring opportunities in this dynamic and rapidly growing market.
Global Prebiotic Ingredient Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, Regional Outlook, and Forecast 2021-2026 – [2023 UPDATE Available – Forecast 2023-2030*] (By Type Coverage, Functionality Coverage, Application Coverage, Sources Coverage, By Geography, Leading Companies) https://www.fairfieldmarketresearch.com/report/prebiotic-ingredient-market
Our Trending Reports:
Personal Care Ingredients Market
Yeast Ingredient Market
Vitamin C Ingredients Market
Fairfield Market Research is a UK-based market research provider. Fairfield offers a wide spectrum of services, ranging from customized reports to consulting solutions. With a strong European footprint, Fairfield operates globally and helps businesses navigate through business cycles, with quick responses and multi-pronged approaches. The company values an eye for insightful take on global matters, ably backed by a team of exceptionally experienced researchers. With a strong repository of syndicated market research reports that are continuously published & updated to ensure the ever-changing needs of customers are met with absolute promptness.
Fairfield Market Research
UK +44 (0)20 30025888
USA (Toll-free) +1 (844) 3829746
This press release first seen on Brilad
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Daily Scotland News journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.